Please visit here: Light support during Covid-19
Light Peer Support offer weekly support groups in Family Centres across Sheffield, Rotherham and Doncaster. Our groups are small, friendly and informal; a safe place to meet other parents; facilitated by our trained staff and volunteers all of whom have their own experiences of mental health issues.
What to expect at our support groups
- A friendly welcome from our staff and volunteers
- A safe, warm space and engaging environment for babies and young children
- Plenty of hot and cold drinks, biscuits and fruit
- An informal, relaxed atmosphere – you can drop in and out at any time, speak as much or as little as you would like to, share as much or as little as you feel comfortable with. There is no formal discussion, introductions or agenda – we are here to listen, empathise, offer support and company
- A safe, confidential space to say what you really feel – there is never any obligation to speak up, but we offer an entirely open, non-judgemental space where you can be honest about your thoughts and feelings
- Further information and support – whilst we don’t offer ‘advice’, we can help signpost you to other information and support networks and organisations who may be able to offer additional or different kinds of support.
Coming to a group for the first time
We understand that coming to a group, especially for the first time, can be difficult for many people.
If you’re worried about attending a group, we can offer 1:1 support via phone, text or email first and one of our volunteers can meet you beforehand so you can attend the group together.
For further information or any questions about our support groups please contact us on 0114 438 8962 or email [email protected]